Thursday, August 25, 2011

Boredom.

I have been here for nearly 4 months now and feel like the novelty has completely worn off. I still love my job and the girls I look after are amazing. I get on well with the host parents so I do have it pretty lucky, except I totally under estimated the limits set on a 20 year old.

I have been in the UK being allowed to buy and sell alcohol for two years, being able to going into a pub for longer. Now I can't even walk into a bar without being ID the highlight of my weekend is going to the cinema or Starbucks at 11.00 at night. Of course I could go to the city and see a live band, but the cost of actually getting there, entry and the usual minimum drink orders just make it unjustifiable when you are trying to save your hard earned cash.
I am sure this country has many wonderful things to offer and most 20 year olds are not as bored here as I am. It is just hard that we have to use up our precious weekends, which we only get 12 of in the entire year, to do college courses, courses I could really care less about doing as all the affordable ones are aimed towards non english speakers, and all the fun ones are not acceptable.

So now I am sitting here trying to think of something to do on Friday night but all my plans involve being carded, and then showing them an ID that clearly states I am not old enough to be in this place. My only other option is to get a fake ID which is something I would really rather not do.

This is the first week where I have just felt BORED. I need to get out of this funk.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You have really cool blog. America is sometimes too crazy about the ID,eh? :-(

    ReplyDelete