Sunday, June 12, 2011

I live in the USA.

Not much to report this week, I have just been out driving as much as I can and finally getting used to the strange roads around here, though I still prefer to walk many places. It has really sunk in now that this is now my home, England is a long, long way away and I shall not see the beautiful english countryside for at least a year, which saddens me but gives me a huge sense of empowerment.
 I bought a ukulele last week and have been trying to play that and I think I am starting to get alright at it, but I definitely need some help as the internet is not providing me with everything I need.
What I am really excited about is next weekend, when I was 14/15 I decided I would like to live in New York at some point in my life, I then went onto many real estate websites searching through homes that I would like to live in, I finally found one in park slope, the neighbourhood looked lovely, the inside of the house had artwork painted onto the walls and the best part about the house I thought, was that it looked like nothing special from the outside, you had to own it to understand the magic inside. Now unfortunately I cannot go into it, and I never would have dreamed that I would ever be able to see it, but now I am a New Yorker, I can't just not go and have a look at my fantasy house!
I also am very lucky as since arriving I have wanted to go to Coney Island, last night I received a message from a friend, a fellow european whom I have known for years and is also currently staying in NY so we will be going to Coney Island together :) The only thing I hope for is, I have heard it is a must that when you go, you should eat a hotdog from their famous diner, so with any luck they will serve veggie dogs.
At the moment I am trying to compile a list of places to go and how much it will cost me, which is a very hard task as I keep looking at my small pile of savings and wanting to just go to the mall and go on the most expensive shopping trip ever. So if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Wow the house sound cool! Let's knock on the door and ask polite to see it!

    Besides the hotdogs, there's another thing you must do on Coney, which i didn't get to do last time i was there, and it is visiting their museum. I think there's pictures and stuff from old times and the freakshows there used to be :) It's open on weekends and costs 99 cents :)

    ReplyDelete