Monday, May 23, 2011

settling in.

Okay so my last blog vanished, and is nowhere to be found which is a shame as I would have loved to read back on my emotions in that moment that I wrote it.

I have now been in the USA for 2 full weeks and with my host family just over 1, however it feels like I have been here a lifetime. I work long hours and do not have much time off, which can be very tiring but, I do love the kids I look after, my room, my friends, my host parents so I think it is something I will get used to very quickly. This really is starting to feel like home, I have walked into town a few times started driving around and been to big american places such as Target, Cheesecake factory, Macy's and most of the other typical places you see people going to on TV shows. Once place I haven't checked out yet is McDonalds, and I am trying hard to avoid it.
This coming weekend I am going to take a trip into NYC, because if I am honest being right here, it doesn't feel all too different to being back in the UK.
I wish there was more to report, but to be honest I get up at 5:30am every morning and am normally in bed and asleep by 9!




No comments:

Post a Comment